Saturday, September 20, 2008

Can you sleep at night?

There is no need to talk so much about this week. I have no idea yet. I assume it was a week full of twists and turns. Lehman Brother, a 100 plus year company, a company that Buffett once owned, is gone forever. I was wondering if Lehman was quick to admit they were full of shits and screamed for help, they probably will still be around today. In contrast, Bear Stern was quick to scream for help but Lehman was still in denial mood. When shit hits the fan - game over!. John Thain of Merill Lynch did the right thing too, very quick to recognize troubles and screamed for help as well.

It must be a nightmare for a lot of people but not me. I was traveling whole of this week and that was probably a blessing in disguise because I was spared from mental torture of looking at one day down 5%, the next day up 5% kind of things. I am still recovering from my trip exhaustion. Hoping to post more later when I am catching up with my readings. This kura-kura is really slow, isn't it? I am getting used to ignore the market noise, lightning fast will not make you money. Guessing how wrong the market can go wrong will allow us to make some money. Being slow will allow you to gain space and perspective and sleep well. If you cannot sleep well, sell it down to your sleeping level. Have a nice weekend.

No comments: