Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On friendship and parenting advice

I am not a huge fan of Bill Gates as I thought he is too cunning and ruthless. He even negotiated contract in his favor with his brother during his boyhood. Nevermind, that's a story of another day. However the soft side of him as a loyal friend changed my stance on him a little bit but not too much. Anyway having a friend willing to accompany you to fight for your life-long cause is great.

April 28 (Bloomberg) -- Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates, recruited by his friend Warren Buffett to join the board at Berkshire Hathaway Inc., said he’s committed to the firm for the rest of his life.

“I’ve got a commitment to stay involved with Berkshire as a lifelong thing,” Gates, 53, said in an interview scheduled to be broadcast today. “We always have to think about what might happen and make sure Berkshire is not just great now, but forever.”


http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aRC2DR.cwZFs&refer=home

Beside good advice by Jim Rogers to invest in commodities, I thought the human side of him on parenting is also worth listening.

You have a lot of advice in your new book for your daughters, on money, education, travel, dating. Do you have any advice for boys?

Well, my first advice to my daughters was to be careful of boys, and to be leery of boys, having been a boy myself. For the most part my advice for the boys is the same — be careful of girls. Be careful of people of the other sex. Be careful of wild promises. Just like on Wall Street.


http://jimrogers-investments.blogspot.com/2009/04/interview-with-time-magazine-28-april.html

No comments: