Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just to say Hi

I will be out of pocket for a few days as I am working on an important project, it's my job related. Hope to be able to post by this weekend.

May 12 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar’s rally is set to end in a “currency crisis,” investor Jim Rogers said, adding that he may bet on a slide in equities after nine weeks of gains.

The advance in the U.S. currency has been driven by investors covering their short sales, Rogers, 66, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television in Singapore. He may consider adding to his holdings of the yen and prefers the euro to the dollar or the pound, the investor added.

“We’re going to have a currency crisis, probably this fall or the fall of 2010,” Rogers said. “It’s been building up for a long time. We’ve had a huge rally in the dollar, an artificial rally in the dollar, so it’s time for a currency crisis.”

The dollar has climbed against all of the so-called Group of 10 currencies except the yen over the past 12 months, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The U.S. currency was at $1.3592 per euro today from $1.3582.

Rogers joins “Black Swan” author Nassim Nicholas Taleb in avoiding the U.S. currency. Taleb told a May 7 conference in Singapore he preferred gold and copper to the dollar and the euro as the global economy faces a “big deflation.”

Gains in U.S. stocks also signal a “correction,” Rogers said. He’s avoiding equities for the next two to three years because prospects haven’t changed, he added.
Dollar Rally Will End, Rogers Says; May Short Stocks

I am still sticking to my position of inflation is going to be a big problem - so I am NOT going to agree with Taleb. Jim says equity to correct - yes but unlikely to make new lows. Despite of I beg to differ with their views but end result is the same, buying GOLD and Copper in coming correction is what I want to do. Take care.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi brother , I am from Turkey, Istanbul
I want to ask something about your blog?
Could you please add my blog to your blog's "links" section ?

if yes : please add as Finance Blogand my blog address : http://finance.varolmak.com

thank you very much