Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Turtle Portfolio Record Update


(Click on the table to enlarge)

I have invested 35% of the savings since KLCI crossed 1,000 points. As this is a very passive portfolio, I am more conscious on the downside protection rather than upside in a short time. The return on capital(saving) is about 7% so far, I hope I am still on track meeting my original target of 10% per year. Except two shots that I fired pre-Lehman collapsed, every single investment made was profitable. I hope I did make a point here, invest I must, regardless of what the world says. However, if KLCI does hit 1200 - 1250, I will do some reshuffling on my portfolio to tweak my return a bit.

2 comments:

rahsia said...

I'm interested to know where can you get a high return on savings at 7%...

Turtleinvestor said...

If you are new, the background of this portfolio is to set aside saving of $ 888 per month and invest the savings in the equity market. The result of that investment is 7% so far. So, saving = capital. Return on capital is 7%. Hope this help