Friday, October 31, 2008

Portfolio Update - November 2008


(click for larger image)

October is finally closed. It was not a very fun month. Dow lost 22% in 8 day-stretch during early of the month, that was not something we could forget easily. S & P 500 won many worst month return awards during the Great Depression and October 2008 managed to make it to hall of shame is not a compliment but rather a shame due to misguided policy by the Fed lead to housing and credit bubbles.



It was a very rough ride for traders but was a very fun ride for long term investors. I snapped up iCapital this month because I can buy a basket of undervalued stocks with more discount. I was deciding between Parkson and iCapital. iCapital was chosen as they have cash, selling below NAV and almost maintenance free ideal for small investors with long-term horizon.

I made some minor modifications on portfolio tracking for the ease of tracking on return on capital. I managed to save up more than 10 k plus after receiving 888 for the month of November. Unfortunately, I suffer paper-loss of 27% on my capital.

4 comments:

swifz said...

Usually, we don't risk more than 2% of available capital per trade.

You are over risking yourself man.

ku2saham said...

Can you help me explaining how to post word excel table into the blog like you did in your portfolio.Thanks for your help in advance. I have been trying to do but cannot. pls help me.

Turtleinvestor said...

Ku2saham

You need to do a screen capture.

ku2saham said...

thanks tutle,
any program screen capture can you recomend?
thanks again. sorry asking too much. I am very novice in blog and hav a lot to learn.thanks again.this is my blog http://ipoptima.blogspot.com/