Monday, June 1, 2009

Why am I not selling out my position ?

I have been reading other people views that record high insider selling, earning dilution by converting debt to equities and overbought conditions should invite correction. The question is how deep will the correction takes place, if it is shallow and going up very quickly, selling out now and not buying back fast enough will miss more gains. Worse still when it goes up a lot higher that trigger us to buy at higher price and correction sets in will cause us to lose money-lah. One interesting view by Marc Faber is this:

"I believe that a correction should unfold in the period directly ahead, but that the market lows we reached either toward the end of last year (in most emerging markets) or in March of this year (in most developed markets) should hold. Also, the correction I expect could take the shape of a sideward movement in the major averages, or even not occur at all. After all, I can assure my readers that there are lots of big institutions out there that completely missed the powerful rally since March 6 and are now nervously waiting for the market to come down. Should markets not correct on the downside, these investors could lose their patience and their sudden rush into long positions could lead to another stock market upside explosion."


By declaring my saving going back to $ 888 from $ 620 (see May 30 entry) is demostration of my conviction to hold a similar view.

No comments: