Saturday, August 29, 2009

Greetings

Taking a break without looking at stock market indices is one of toughest things for me. On and off, I still tried to peep on the TV screen to find out performance of DJIA, S&P, Shanghai Composite, Hang Seng, crude oil, gold, etc. Though ununcessfully to take a 100% break but on the overall I stayed away sucessfully from following stock market news whole of this week. Sorry for not able to share any views about stock markets.


Two random thoughts. One of the most important lessons is differentiating relationship betwen master and servant --we are the master and the market is the servant. I keep reminding myself that the markets are there to serve us and not the other way round. We are not the slave to the markets. If we are unable to switch off for a short period of time, it is highly probable that we will not be able to pull out from the market when it is topping(some day later).


It is also important, in my personal view, to really feel the money physically esspecially living in the electronic age. Sometimes we feel numb when the money stays in electronic form. Your trading account may inflated or deflated just like playing some kind of "computer" game -- it's just paper gains I sometimes cash it out from the bank and count the real money. Counting money is really satisfying, it's real and not some kind of fantasy game. Try it if you've never done it before.


Will need another one to two days before I can get back to speed posting my thoughts. Take care.

No comments: