Friday, December 4, 2009

Big boy's toy, I









Just a weekend topic diversion. I saw very nice tag line on Astro the other day, don't ask the price, you can't afford it. Most of us would dream to drive in a Lamborghini, Porsche or cheaper versions Mercedes SLK or at least a Nissan Z350. We would love to have that feel of going from 0 to 100 in 4.3 seconds or at least 6 seconds to leave your "competitors" in dust. To do that, power is definitely a big factor, the muscle cars can do it in 4 seconds are in the range of 500 hp plus while the "babies" like Mercedes SLK 350 or Nissan Z350 have only 230 hp @ 6000 rpm ranges.

I always wanted to ask those guys in these cars what is their net worth, not to insult them, but at least inspire me to work hard for it. Since I have no friends like that to ask I would have rely on my estimate: at what level of my net worth, I would buy a toy like that. At the back of the envelope calculation revealed to me it has to be between 20-30 million to own a supercar or 5-10 million to own one of those "babies".

Since average working man or women will find it very difficult to achieve those numbers, do we have other alternatives? Before I posting more opinions, let me qualify myself first, I'm not an expert in this area nor as a personal finance consultant. I'm sure that I'm a lot more "senior"(not "older") than most of my readers, coming out to share about this topic. This is one of the areas that can leave a hole in your pocket if you are not careful. Just skip if you don't like what I post OK? just come back another day on stock market topics. Jangan mareh. Got to get back to my desk and work now, see you over the weekend. TGIF.

No comments: