Sunday, January 1, 2012

Turtle Portfolio Update - Jan 2012




To many 2011 can be a disappointing year. KLCI ended flat compared to beginning of 2011.

I managed to turn in 3.67% annual compounding return for Turtle portfolio that I started about 47 months ago. I was thrilled last year because I achieved my target of 10% annual compounding return. It was a good year for everybody for sure. I am falling short of my 10% annual compounding return this year. Blame it to a flat year? Noooooo....

I supposed there is no need to come out with a long list of reasons why I should be happy or to thrash myself. Kicking myself harder or shower with more gentle words on myself will not help me to achieve my target. I am man enough to accept that I did not reach my target this year. I should never lower my bar of 10% target. 10% means 10%.

Unlike many need to re-write their new year resolutions, my annual review is usually simple. All I need is to measure myself against long term objectives that I set.

I have set an expiry date for this blog since day one(you may want to check out my first entry). I have made a 15 years commitment or 180 months. This is what I called BEGIN with the END in MIND. By February 12, 2023 this blog will no longer be talking.

I have just completed about 26% of this journey. I still have three quarter to go. I also made a goal to beat professional investors of which I have no idea whether I have done that or not.

I have no idea what 2012 will bring. My attitude towards life is like Forest Gump. “Momma always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.“

Just do one thing at a time. Keep walking buddy.

No comments: