Friday, September 4, 2009

Turtle bought Bumiputra-Commerce - 300 shares @ RM 10.24

Turtle bought Bumiputra-Commerce - 300 shares @ RM 10.24, recycling from previous money from Tanjong liquidation. This is more of a trading buy with a target price of RM 12.5 to RM 13.0. While both stocks(Bumiputra-Commerce and Tanjong) are certainly rock solid at this point of time, very suitable for buy and hold but I can also do short term trading. I plan to rotate about 15% of my capital on blue chips when the market is moving side way. Hopefully this approach will enhance my return. One thing I must be prepared, the stock price could go a lot higher when I exited them. It can cause me to kick my butt(look like a complete idiot, grrrrrrrrr). This is the switching risk that I have to deal with it.

I'm testing a strategy of 70% buy and hold, 15% on short-term blue chip trading and 15% cash as dry powder in case of good opportunity shows up.

I feel trading blue chips with strong fundamentals will allow me to sleep soundly at night. In case the share price drop, I still can hold on to it knowing business will continue to improve over time and I still make money, albeit lesser money due to wrong entry timing. I prefer not to execute "momentum stocks" trading strategy for Turtle portfolio.

The reasons of the pick will be published over the weekend.

No comments: