Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My best 2010 investment: Canon EOS 550D



Canon EOS 550D, Rebel T2i. Sounds pretty much like the Terminator. Scary it might sound but surprisingly, very friendly and intuitive for people who can be easily intimidated by gadgets. I picked up this camera from Gurney Plaze just a few days before we went for holidays. With less than 30 mins tutorial by the sales person and carrying a small manual, I managed to master the basic and shot some great pictures. This shows how intuitive it is. What I like the most is the sport mode. It can capture the actions of my daughter running around, cycling, giggling, etc --- perfectly. The quality of the pictures was superb. It's neither too static nor blurry. It captured the carefree spirit of the kid.

It cost me $ 2,899 with 8G of memory card, a tripod and micro fiber cloth. This is my first DSLR and I must confessed that this is my best 2010 investment pick. Between this camera and an iPad or my other shares pick, I must say this one win hands down. I am glad that I did not pick up the iPad and force to use my 5 Mega pixels hand phone(EOS 550D has got 18 Mega pixels) to capture the precious holidays moment.

See the video, you will know what I mean. Please understand that I am not endorsing the horse race gambling but this review just popped up on top when I Googled it. This review brings up the essence of what this camera can do for you. This is a medium end DSLR and not a very high end but good enough for amateur photographers.

By the way, going holiday the old fashion way was very satisfying. No computer and Internet, switched off the handphone, NO STOCK MARKETS, no TV, no newspaper, etc. This forces us to talk and listening to one another.

Now that I have a fresh mind, in the next few days I will try to tackle the question that many readers care a lot : What are my investment views for 2011? Stay tuned.

No comments: