Thursday, December 2, 2010

Turtle Portfolio Update - December 2010



Updated Turtle portfolio after receiving $ 888 saving for December 2010. Cash level is still high, stood at 38%.

In case you are wondering why am I not putting some other bigger cap or REIT with almost 8 - 10% yield in this portfolio. Two reasons, if you look at the chart, the stock(Alcom) is on the downtrend for a very long period of time. If you go back to 2009 Annual Report, you will notice that Capital Dynamics Fund was owning the stock but that name disappeared in 2010 Annual Report. Even most patient investors jumped ship, I concluded that if people have been selling, do they have more things to sell?

There is this guy by the name of Yeoh Ah Tu who has been accumulating iCapital shares gradually between 2009 to 2010. I don't know who is this guy but holding almost 1.2 million share in iCapital is certainly a rich guy and financially very savvy. While people were dumping Alcom stock, again he was accumulating slowly within 2009 - 2010 period. He has 317 k as at 30 June 2010. This guy certainly walk the talk as a value investor.

I am betting on reversion to mean and collecting checks while waiting for the tide to turn.

Second reason, I do own those big names that pay handsome dividend. But I thought of putting so called "risky" stock in my Turtle Portfolio so that I will eat my own cooking.

MUI seems to turnaround. Laura Ashley brand is pretty resilient to survive this tough condition. Unfortunately, sentiment has turned south and again it is a good time to accumulate a few more shares.

No comments: