Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Templeton Fund refused to sell stocks at unreasonable price

How are you feeling today after seeing so much bloods on the street? Everyone wish to buy during "Lelong", big bargains, but they got terrified when they got what they wished. What else can I comment?

Wrong question, instead of asking feeling, I should be asking thinking! What should I be thinking to take advantage of today sell-off? Investing must be head over heart, not the other way round.

One of the very respected value fund managers like Templeton refused to sell down their holdings because they think it is absolutely undervalued. They have taken an unconventional measure by borrowing money in order to meet redemptions. This will deliver better value to fund holders in the long run, good thinking I would say.

I don't feel good about the external volatilities but I feel good about great value every where. Dollar averaging on great companies could be a good strategy.......Listen, dollar averaging on great companies OK!, NOT dollar averaging on BAD companies.


I am freezing down here 1 deg C(don't try to guess where I am). I will continue to post on Friday after I get back to Malaysia. Good luck to all. BTW, I miss nasi lemak and Teh Tarik.

No comments: