Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What is Luck?

Luck is preparation meets opportunity.

I released one of my personal investment research Parkson Holding Berhad yesterday just to demonstrate what is luck. There are two aspects of preparation, one is idea and the other is money. I am prepared on the idea side but still have to wait for money side.

It is also about making decision of which one is the most undervalued? The other point: I need to plan ahead of what to buy. I announced prior to purchase because it does not matter under such a pessimistic and fearful environment.

I did not buy today because transaction cost prevented me to do so, RM 31 of transaction costs over RM 1,000 is about 3.1%. So I still need to wait until April, hopefully the window of buying opportunity is still open. Whether tomorrow price will be cheaper than today does not bother me much because I am not really concern about the precise bottom. What if the price appreciation goes beyond transaction costs? Between disciplines and potential gains – disciplines should be upheld even though foregoing potential gains.

MUI is still hold up well, under stress test, especially it is a penny stock. Fundamental matter, especially buying under such brutal bearish conditions. The fundamentals have not change but sentiments have changed, that’s all.

No comments: