Sunday, May 18, 2008

Karl Marx and Investing

A bit of controversy today, let's talk about Karl Marx. I see you look very worried now, I am not a communist and not teaching his doctrine but something he said struck me. I was so surprised that he is such a first class capitalist. This was what he said

"To sell a man a fish, he can eat for a day, to teach a man to

fish, is to ruin a great business opportunity"


I'm impressed, are you?

On recent food inflation crisis, what he observed 150 years ago, is penetrating:

This is how cities began to thrive; all of the farmers moved to the city to make money instead of food.


Yes Sir and Madam, it's urbanization. Emerging markets Industrial Revolution - Act II . The problem is going to be solved by capitalism and not communism. Farmers need a lot of money to lure them to farms - to solve our problems. Are you still thinking of cheap foods?

No comments: